Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1: Introduce, Recent Picture, Interesting Facts

Introduce:
My name is Danica Layne Boyd. I am married to Jason Michael Boyd. We have been married for 3 years and together for a total of 8 years. He is my best friend! We have a sweet little Yorkie named Dixie! She warms our hearts and no one is ever as excited to see us as she is! We live in Oxford, MS and I love it so much, I never wanna move! I graduated from Ole Miss in 2009 with an Elementary Education major. Right now I am working as an assistant/secretary at Regents Classical Christian School of Oxford and hoping to be a teacher there next year! It is an incredible, sweet institution and it blesses me daily! I attend First Baptist Church Oxford and teach 4th grade Sunday School and it is one of my passions in life! Teaching God's Word to children... there's nothing better. I am full of joy and energy (most of the time!). I am always busy doing something... planning, cleaning, shopping, these are a few of my favorite things! This blog is an attempt at me chronicling some of my life. Hope you enjoy it!

Recent Picture:




The picture of Dixie is one of my favorites. She looks like a mess! She's so funny!
The one of me and Jason is from November when we went on a weekend trip to Branson for a marriage conference. It was very fun and the foliage in the area was beautiful!

15 Interesting Facts:

1. I lived in the same house from the time I was born until I moved to Ole Miss for college. My parents still live in that house.
2. I shared a bedroom AND BED with my baby sister for the first 16 years of my life.
3. My husband believes I have a super immune system because I rarely get sick.
4. Pain medicine has little to no effect on me = incredibly painful wisdom teeth experience.
5. I am addicted to biting my fingernails and absolutely nothing else.
6. I have been to the San Diego Comic Convention and I loved it! For those of you not familiar- this is a nerdfest. I'm a nerd.
7. I hate hate hate Gone with the Wind.
8. My parents fell in love when my mom was in high school, Jason's parents are "high school sweethearts," and Jason and I are "high school sweethearts!"
9. My favorite song is "Make Your Own Kind of Music" by Cass Elliot.
10. I love love love to sing.
11. I have believed in and followed Jesus Christ since I was 11 years old. He just gets better and better. With His help, I hope I do too! He is the lover of my soul.
12. My favorite magazine is Entertainment Weekly. Especially the Bulls-eye on the last page of every issue!
13. I do not like light. I do not like noise. I do not like hot weather. If I had it my way, I suppose that I'd just live in a cave.
14. I have not been in a tanning bed in 6 years and I do not ever plan to get into one again! Fair skin is the way to go :)
15. I adore Beth Moore and aspire to go through every one of her Bible studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment