Tuesday, June 14, 2011

day 19: something you miss

i miss waking up early on the weekend to go down to my grandparents house to tend the garden.
i miss childlike imagination - playing with toys and having imaginary friends.
i miss dating my husband like when we were in high school... so much mystery, not being able to spend the night together, having to wait and be pursued... so sweet!
i miss living in the country... walking around outside however i want :) quiet, animals roaming around, birds singing louder... peaceful.
i miss forensics speech and debate... being a part of a team, a family of friends.
i miss my great grandma.... who always had a sweet smile, never judged a soul, and made the best cowboy cookies ever.
i miss shopping for school supplies... the smell of brand new pencils and paper... labeling everything with your name... the first day of school.
i miss four wheeler riding with my dad.
i miss helping my paw paw with the chicken houses.
i miss going to the creek and discovering the woods on foot on my own.
i miss having my best friends Kayla and Suzanne to spend the night - baking and watching movies... oh and talking until we can't keep our eyes open anymore.
i miss being a kid... not understanding the intricacies of family and relationships which can sometimes lead to pain and heartache... being innocent and pure... carefree and without anxiety.

most of all...
i miss my mom. i miss the person she used to be. i miss the woman that raised me and became my best friend. i miss talking to her and shopping with her and laughing with her. i miss her more than i miss anything else.
i am grateful for who God has made her to be now, but still miss the mom i knew.

remembering the sweet memories,
danica layne

No comments:

Post a Comment